This topic shows the basic rate calculation using Benefit Rate Calculator B for a single principal carer on NSA. The recipient has income of $300.00 per fortnight (pf) from employment and is in private rental accommodation (not shared).
The following table shows the steps involved in the basic rate calculation. The rates and income test parameters used applied at 20 March 2014 and are shown in dollars per fortnight. Current rates can be obtained from the A guide to Australian Government payments booklet on the DHS website.
|1||Determine recipient's ordinary income (1.1.O.30)||
Apply the personal income test to this amount:
- For income of $100.00 and over, multiply by 0.4
- RESULT: AFFECTING INCOME
Determine the maximum payment rate:
- Locate the maximum single with dependent child rate in Module B
- Add the applicable rate of PhA
- Add the applicable rate of CES
- RESULT: MAXIMUM PAYMENT RATE
Subtract the affecting income from the maximum payment rate:
- Maximum payment rate
- Affecting income
- RESULT: RATE OF ALLOWANCE
Last reviewed: 20 March 2014