1.1.A.200 Approved care organisation (ACO)
This definition applies to DOP and CA.
An ACO is a charitable, religious or other organisation that:
- coordinates or provides residential care services to young people (1.1.Y.20) in Australia, and
- has been approved as an ACO by a delegate.
- Agencies which:
- assist homeless youth,
- care for intellectually or physically handicapped children, or
- accommodate young refugees in order to help them adjust to Australian society.
- Adoption and foster care agencies which arrange pre-adoptive foster care.
- Public hospitals providing long term or permanent care for intellectually, emotionally or physically disabled young people.
Act reference: SSAct section 35(1) Approval of care organisation
Policy reference: SS Guide 3.5.2 DOP - Qualification & Payability, 3.6.7 CA - Qualification & Payability
Last reviewed: 3 November 2008