4.11.1 JETCCFA Notifiable Events
This section explains the provisions applying to variations of a person's claim for JETCCFA and contains the following:
- a person's obligation to notify Centrelink of events that can affect their JETCCFA eligibility,
- the events that are to be notified to Centrelink, and
- methods of notification.
Obligation to notify
A JETCCFA recipient SHOULD notify Centrelink of an event that can affect their JETCCFA eligibility (2.8), JETCCFA hours (1.1.J.100) or JETCCFA assessment period (1.1.J.70). Centrelink should advise the JETCCFA recipient in writing if their entitlement is to change. The JETCCFA recipient need not be notified if there is no change in entitlement.
Events to be notified to Centrelink
A JETCCFA recipient should notify Centrelink of the following events as soon as possible:
- change child care service type (e.g. LDC to FDC),
- stop using approved child care,
- change the times that they are using child care,
- stop a JETCCFA activity,
- change a JETCCFA activity,
- or their children leave Australia temporarily or permanently,
- change their situation and now need child care for more than 24 hours per week or more than 50 hours per week,
- change their situation and no longer require child care for more than 24 hours per week,
- are approaching the end of the period that they have been granted JETCCFA and need an extension of assistance,
- have been advised by the government that they cannot stay permanently in Australia, or
- children start school,
- children stop living with them or can no longer be considered their dependent,
- child/ren dies,
- partner situation changes and they now need child care for more than 24 hours per week or more than 50 hours per week, or
- partner situation changes and they no longer require child care for more than 24 hours per week.
Methods of notification
A person can notify Centrelink of events that affect their JETCCFA entitlement by:
- telephone, or
- mail, or
- over the counter.
Policy reference: FA Guide 1.1.A.90 Approved service, approved care (CCB, CCR), 1.1.J.100 JETCCFA hours, 1.1.J.70 JETCCFA assessment period
Last reviewed: 20 September 2013