220.127.116.11 Indexation of FTB
Indexation (1.1.I.80) provisions
Both FTB and CCB are indexed in line with CPI. Indexation occurs in July each year for CCB and all components of FTB except RA. RA is indexed in line with the CPI in March and September each year.
The following rates and thresholds are indexed on 1 July based on the CPI increases:
- FTB Part A rates,
- large family supplement,
- newborn supplement,
- newborn upfront payment,
- CES Part A,
- FTB Part A supplement - see note below,
- FTB Part B supplement - see note below,
- multiple birth allowance,
- the FTB Part B rates,
- CES Part B,
- the FTB ACO (1.1.A.80) rate,
- the FTB Part A income free area,
- the FTB Part A basic higher income free area and additional higher income free area (see note below),
- standard basic MIFA, double basic MIFA and additional MIFA,
- the FTB Part B secondary earner (1.1.S.25) income free area (1.1.I.40), and
- the FTB Part B primary earner (1.1.P.122) income limit (see note below).
Note: The FTB Part A basic higher income free area and additional higher income free area, and the FTB Part B primary earner income limit will not be indexed from 1 July 2009 to 1 July 2016. They will next be indexed on 1 July 2017. The FTB Part A and FTB Part B supplements will not be indexed from 1 July 2011 to 1 July 2016. They will next be indexed on 1 July 2017.
SIFS rate is not subject to indexation.
Act reference: FAAct Schedule 4 Indexation and adjustment of amounts
Policy reference: FA Guide 18.104.22.168 Current FTB Rates & Income Test Amounts, 22.214.171.124 Method 1 - Calculating the Maximum Rate of FTB Part A, 126.96.36.199 Current CES Rates, 3.10 Determining the SIFS Rate
Last reviewed: 10 February 2014