22.214.171.124 Responsibilities of a Registered Carer
This topic contains information on the responsibilities of a registered carer (1.1.R.20) and covers:
- compliance with child care laws,
- providing receipts for child care, and
- failure to comply with the responsibilities of a registered carer.
Compliance with child care laws
A registered carer must provide care according to any relevant law of:
- the Commonwealth,
- a state, and/or
- a territory.
Providing receipts for child care
A registered carer must provide receipts to an individual for care for which they have paid. A registered carer will be supplied with valid receipt books. They can use their own receipts if they contain the:
- date on which the care was provided,
- name and address, or
- customer reference number,
- name of the child to whom the care was provided,
- amount paid for care per week,
- hours of care per week for the receipt period, and
- signature of the:
- registered carer, or
- person (1.1.P.80) authorised to sign on the carer's behalf.
Failure to comply with the responsibilities of a registered carer
If a registered carer fails to comply with a requirement for continued approval, the Secretary can:
- vary the conditions for the continued approval,
- impose additional conditions for the continued approval, or
- suspend or cancel the carer's approval.
Policy reference: FA Guide 126.96.36.199 Becoming a Registered Carer
Last reviewed: 30 April 2012