1.1.S.15 School child, non-school child (CCB)
This definition applies to CCB.
Definition: school child
A school child is a child who:
- attends primary or secondary school, or
- is on a break from school and will be returning to primary or secondary school after that break, or
- Example: School holidays.
- has reached 6 years of age, unless the individual eligible for CCB or conditionally eligible for CCB notifies that the child is exempt from the requirement to attend school.
A school child includes children who attend the following classes at primary school:
- kindergarten in NSW and ACT,
- preparatory in Victoria and Tasmania,
- preparatory or Year 1 in Queensland,
- pre-primary in WA,
- reception in SA, or
- transition in NT.
Definition: non-school child
A non-school child is a child who is not a school child.
Act reference: FAAct section 18 Meaning of school child
Last reviewed: 6 April 2009