1.1.P.100 Prescribed Educational Scheme
For the purposes of FA, prescribed educational scheme has the same meaning as under the Social Security Act 1991, and consists of payments under the following schemes:
- The means tested components of the ABSTUDY scheme including:
- living allowance,
- the additional amount of Group 2 school fees allowance that is subject to the parental income test.
- the Veterans' Children Education Scheme,
- the scheme to provide education and training under section 258 of the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004, and
- the Post-Graduate Awards Scheme.
Act reference: SSAct section 5(1)-'prescribed educational scheme'
Last reviewed: 7 February 2011